Why work at BRI?
Benaroya Research Institute (BRI) is a world leader in human immunology. We have a bold mission: To predict, prevent, reverse and cure immune system diseases. We’re currently hiring new team members who are passionate about changing the course of immune system diseases.
At BRI, we study everything from autoimmune disease to cancer to COVID-19. And we examine the immune system as a whole — in healthy people and in people with disease — aiming to understand how these disorders start and how to rebalance the immune system back to health.
Equipped with innovative tools and robust biorepositories, our team spends every day tackling some of immunology’s biggest mysteries and working toward our vision: A healthy immune system for everyone.
See all open positions
Postdoctoral Opportunities at BRI
Use the latest tools and resources
9 Robust Biorespositories
4 Core Labs
Centers of Discovery
Join a Collaborative Culture
At BRI, collaboration drives and inspires us. We built our organization to bring together experts from across science and technology. We believe in this approach because we know what happens when individuals with unique backgrounds and expertise team up: We build new tools. We ask different questions. And we make discoveries that change lives.
Our team of about 300 – which includes some of the world’s foremost immunologists – collaborates:
- Across fundamental, translational and clinical research, using the latest lab discoveries to inform new treatments and therapies.
- With clinicians at Virginia Mason Franciscan Health to run clinical trials, collect patient samples and use clinical insights to pose and answer research questions.
- Between lab scientists and data scientists.
- With scientists from across the globe and other Seattle institutions – including the University of Washington, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, Allen Institute and Seattle Children’s Research Institute.
Live and work in an enriching environment
When you join BRI, you become part of a team built on inquiry, collaboration, innovation and respect. We love living in the Seattle-area and working at BRI because:
- Our city is a hub for immunology and life sciences. Seattle is a nexus for immunology and immune-therapy companies. You’ll join a thriving community of scientists working toward the next generation of discoveries, treatments and cures.
- Temperate winters, beautiful summers. Seattle has something for everyone — food, arts, music, culture, family activities. A nature-lover’s paradise, our city is surrounded by water and mountains and is an exceptional place to get outside during every season.
- Flexible options for some positions. While some roles require standard hours in the lab or office, we offer remote work and flexible hours when possible.
BRI offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees. Learn more about benefits at BRI.
- Medical, dental, vision hardware insurance
- Flexible spending accounts: health care, dependent care, commuter
- Short and long-term disability and life and AD&D insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with matching funds after one year of employment
- PTO: 13 holidays, three weeks of vacation and two weeks of sick leave per year
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance program
- Subsidized bus pass
- YMCA rebate and other fitness club discounts
- Voluntary benefits, e.g., pet insurance, accident, critical illness, identify theft
BRI endeavors to make www.benaroyaresearch.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 206-287-5646 or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action Plan & Equal Employment Opportunity
Benaroya Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Please review BRI's AAP and EEO Policy Statement. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please see EEO Know Your Rights. Please review BRI's Compensation Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.